“Windows 10 freezes randomly” this is a complaint that most of the Windows users have. Well, we understand how annoying these sudden freezes can be if you have some important tasks at your hand. Therefore, we have come up with some quick and easy fixes to this seemingly unsolvable problem. And, we share the same through this write-up.
But, before moving ahead, let’s dive a little deeper and try to understand why the computer freezes randomly when running Windows 10. However, if you only want to know the solution to the problem, then below is a glimpse of the best fix.
Best way to Fix the Problems if Windows 10 Freezes Randomly
The freezing issues mostly occur due to outdated drivers. Therefore, you must update the drivers to solve the problem. You can update the drivers automatically using Bit Driver Updater. This software needs only a single click from your end to download and install the latest drivers on your computer. In addition to this, it also provides many outstanding features, such as driver backup and restore, driver download speed acceleration, etc. You can try it yourself by clicking on the download link given below.
Why the Windows 10 Freezes Randomly
There can be many reasons for which your Windows 10 PC stops working abruptly. Below are the central ones.
- Incompatibility between hardware and drivers.
- Missing, out of date, and corrupt drivers.
- Unmanaged or junk-filled disk space.
- Faulty system files.
These were some of the prominent causes for which the PC freezes randomly when running Windows 10. Now, let’s discuss the workarounds to resolve these issues.
Quick Fixes for the Issues if Windows 10 Freezes Randomly
Below are the quick and simple fixes for the problems if Windows 10 freezes randomly.
Fix 1: The Common Solutions
Sometimes, common fixes such as disconnecting external devices, ensuring that the hardware is not damaged, and removing recently installed apps can fix the issues if the Windows 10 freezes randomly. Therefore, try these solutions.
Fix 2: Delete Temp Files
As said above, inappropriately managed disk space is among the topmost reasons for which computer freezes randomly when using Windows 10. Hence, you need to delete the temp files to free up disk space. This fix is particularly helpful if the Windows 10 freezes for a few seconds when opening programs. Below are the steps to fix it.
- Hit Windows and R key to invoke the Run box and after it appears, type “temp”.
- Click on “OK” to open the temp folder.
- After the temp folder pops up, select all the files that are present in the folder and click on “Delete”.
After completing the above steps, hopefully, you will no longer face issues such as Windows 10 freezes randomly.
Fix 3: Make Adjustments to the Virtual Memory
Virtual memory is formed by combining RAM and a hard drive portion. It extends the physical memory of your device. To fix the problems occurring when the computer freezes randomly on Windows 10, you need to follow the below steps for adjusting the virtual memory.
- Right-click on this PC and choose “Properties”.
- Now, click on “Advanced system settings”.
- After the System Properties come up, click on the “Advanced” tab and select “Settings”.
- On the screen that follows, click on the “Advanced” tab and choose “Change”.
- Uncheck “Automatically manage paging file size for all drives”. Set Initial Size to the recommended size and Maximum Size to 1.5 times the physical RAM’s size.
- Click on “OK” and check the issues are resolved or still PC freezes randomly on Windows 10.
Read More: How to Update Outdated Drivers on Windows 10
Fix 4: Check the Memory Card
Since memory faults are among the principal reasons causing computer freezes randomly on Windows 10, you need to check the memory for faults. Below are the steps for doing it.
- In the Run box, type mdsched.exe, and click “OK”.
- For fixing the issues immediately, click on “Restart now and check for problems (recommended)”. To resolve the problems next time you start the PC, click on “Check for problems the next time I start my computer”.
The problems causing computer freezes randomly on Windows 10 should now be fixed. If it still remains unfixed, then try the below solutions.
Fix 5: Check the Disk
Disk faults may cause issues like Windows 10 freezes randomly. Therefore, to make things right follow the below steps.
- Click on “This PC”.
- Right-click the hard drive that you want to check and select “Properties” from the context menu.
- Move to “Tools” tab and choose “Check”.
The issue should now be resolved. If it remains unresolved, then try the next fixes.
Fix 6: Disable the Link State Power Management
Many users who were using NVIDIA graphic cards claimed that turning off the Link State Power Management fixed the issues causing PC freezes randomly on Windows 10. Thus, you can also try doing the same via the below steps.
- In the Run box, type “powercfg.cpl” and click on “OK”.
- Go to your power plan and select “Change plan settings”.
- Choose “Change advanced power settings”.
- Find and expand “PCI Express”.
- Turn off the Link State Power Management.
- Click on “OK” and choose “Apply”.
Fix 7: Update Drivers (Recommended)
The majority of issues such as Windows freezes randomly are the result of outdated drivers. Therefore, the best way to drive all the PC problems away is by updating outdated drivers. You can do so in two ways, one manual and another automatic. We advise you to update drivers automatically using the top driver updater available currently in the town, i.e., BIT Driver Updater. This tool is a favorite of millions, including us, as in addition to updating drivers in just a click of the mouse, it makes the PC faster, bug-free, and its performance as smooth as butter. Apart from this, it also offers several remarkable features. For instance, it lets you backup and restore drivers, schedule the driver scans, and more. Below is how you can use this tool to update drivers in a flash.
How to update drivers with BIT Driver Updater
- After downloading and setting up BIT Driver Updater, wait for a moment till you get the scan results.
- Once the results appear, review them, and click on “Update Now” to update an individual driver. To update all drivers at once, click on “Update All”.
Above we looked at the easy steps to update drivers for the PC performance free from glitches such as Windows freezes randomly. Click on the link given below to download BIT Driver Updater and resolve all the PC issues as we did.
Windows 10 Freezes Randomly: Fixed
Through this post- cum-guide, we helped you fix the issues if Windows 10 freezes randomly and also answered the most frequently asked question, i.e., “What would cause my computer to randomly freeze?” Hopefully, you found this piece of writing helpful. If you have any questions, comments, or anything else to share, then don’t hesitate to drop us a comment. Also, subscribe to Innovana Blog as our next post is also on the way and will soon be up.