Full-Screen feature is quite necessary when you play video games, watch movies, or want to do something that requires your complete attention. Some video games automatically switches your desktop setting to full-screen mode. And if it does not, then you can do it easily through the F11 key or by just double clicks in some media players. However, some people may face an issue of ‘Windows 10 taskbar not hiding’ during the full-screen mode.
It doesn’t seem to be an issue until you face it by yourself. At that time, you get to know how irritating it is to see the taskbar icons regularly while trying to focus on something important. The notifications can also pop up on the taskbar, adding to the problem and making you lose your cool. But do not panic, you can easily overcome this problem. You only have to perform some simple hacks to solve the ‘Windows 10 taskbar not hiding’ error. In this guide, we are going to provide you some effective solutions to resolve the ‘taskbar not hiding’ issue during full-screen.
Solutions for Windows 10 Taskbar Not Hiding Error
If you are also suffering from the ‘Windows 10 taskbar not hiding’ error, then here are the solutions that can help you to resolve it.
Method 1: F11 Key – The Shortcut to enable full-screen
It is the most common thing that you can do when the Windows taskbar is not hiding. You can simply press the F11 key to enable full-screen mode while you are watching a video, playing games, or doing something that requires full-screen mode. In Windows latest versions, including 10, 8, and 7, the F11 key is the shortcut to enable the full-screen mode on any application. Hence, you can try it for once. If it doesn’t help, then you can try the other methods listed on this guide to resolve the ‘Windows bar not hiding’ error.
Also Read: Best Free Monitor Calibration Software
Method 2: Check Windows Taskbar Settings
If you want to hide the taskbar automatically, then you can follow this method. This method helps you to overcome the ‘Windows 10 taskbar not hiding’ error automatically. You only have to check the Windows taskbar settings. Follow these steps to automatically hide the Windows taskbar when there is no use of it.
1. You have to open the taskbar settings. You can do it in two ways. First of all, you can simply right-click on the Windows taskbar and then click on the Taskbar settings option.
The other method is through Windows Settings. You first need to click on the start icon, then select Windows Settings.
In Windows settings, look for Personalization and click on it.
In Personalization, select the Taskbar option from the menu that appears on the right side of the screen.
2. If the ‘Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode’ and the ‘Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode’ options are off, then turn them on as per the device you are working on. It will automatically solve the problem of ‘Windows 10 taskbar not hiding in fullscreen’.
Method 3: Use Task Manager to make changes with Windows Explorer
Sometimes the Windows 10 taskbar not hiding in full screen can be a result of some error in Windows Explorer. Hence, it is advisable to restart the Windows Explorer. You can do it with the help of the Windows Task Manager. Here are the steps that you need to follow for resolving the ‘taskbar not hiding in Windows 10’ issue just by restarting the Windows Explorer.
1. For restarting Windows Explorer, you first require to open the Task Manager. You can do it by right-clicking on the taskbar or by the pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys.
2. After opening the Task Manager look for Windows Explorer.
3. Select the Windows Explorer and right-click on it.
4. At last, click on the Restart option.
Method 4: Check the settings of that particular app or game
It is also possible that the display settings of the particular app that you are using are not appropriate for the full-screen mode. Hence, you have to make sure about that as well. Each application have their unique settings, so you have to look for the full-screen mode accordingly. It is one of the primary solutions for the ‘taskbar not going away in fullscreen’ error.
Method 5: Search Box trick
This is not a method or process, this is just a trick, or you can say hack, which works quite well sometimes. Below are the steps that you have to follow to perform this trick.
1. You just need to click on the search box of the Windows 10 taskbar to open the Search Window.
2. Once the Search Window gets open, leave it and click on somewhere else on the desktop to close it. It sometimes helps to hide the taskbar.
It is quite annoying to see the taskbar if you are focusing on something else in the full-screen mode. Hence, you can use the solutions that are mentioned above for resolving the ‘Windows 10 taskbar not hiding’ error. Every method that we have stated above has its specific conditions in which it is best effective. So, use them accordingly.
However, if you want to know the solutions to other errors and problems of the Windows operating system, then subscribe to Innovana blogs.