This article brings to the fore the easiest ways to download Xerox printer driver, install, and update it for a glitch-free printing experience.
The American company Xerox has become quite synonymous with printing and scanning. It builds robust printing machines for both professional as well as personal use. If you have a Xerox printer, then you have got one of the best printers. But, before you enjoy printing with your printer, first, it is essential to download the Xerox printer driver.
For those who are unversed, the driver is a communication channel between the printer and the computer. It ensures the perfect execution of all your commands. Without a correctly downloaded, installed, and updated driver, your printer will not work well, and you will face annoying printing errors.
Therefore, to save our readers from printing and other errors, we are here with a guide on how to download, install, and update Xerox printer drivers.
Part I: How to Download the Xerox Printer Driver and Install it
Let’s begin with the first part of this manual, i.e., the ways to download the Xerox printer driver and install it on your computer. Below we elucidate them.
Way 1: Download Xerox Printer Driver from the Official Website
The official website of Xerox is one of those places from where you can get the correct and compatible driver for your printer. Thus, here are the step-by-step directions for downloading the Xerox printer driver from its official website.
- Visit the official Xerox website.
- Click on the Customer Support option.
- Select All Support and Drivers from the given alternatives.
- After the Support page opens, click on the Printers option located under the Browse by Product Type heading.
- Select your printer series from the list of series displayed on your screen.
- Choose your printer model from the available options.
- Now, navigate to the Drivers & Downloads tab.
- Select your operating system, download Category, Language, and driver Tag if you want to apply filters.
- Click on the Download button to download the required drivers.
- After the driver file is completely downloaded, unzip the file if it is zipped.
- Click on the downloaded file, and go along with the on-screen directions to install the Xerox printer driver.
Way 2: Install Xerox printer driver through Device Manager:
You can also download the Xerox printer driver and install it via Device Manager, i.e., the driver management system in Windows. Follow the instructions shown below to do it.
- Employ the Windows + R shortcut command to evoke the Run box.
- After the Run box is evoked, input devmgmt.msc, and click the OK option.
- Once you get the Device Manager on your screen, click on the Printers or Print queues category to view its contents.
- Right-click on your printer and select Update driver.
- Select the first alternative, i.e., Search automatically for updated driver software from the given two options.
- Now, wait patiently for an hour or two till Windows detects the updated Xerox printer driver and installs it on the computer.
Know More: How to Update Printer Drivers in Windows 10
Part II: How to Update the Xerox Printer Driver
Downloading and installing the driver is not sufficient for a glitch-free printing experience. You must also update the drivers timely. Therefore, we discuss the ways to update the Xerox printer driver.
Way 1: Update the driver for the Xerox printer manually
If you have ample time and are willing to invest energy, then you can adopt the manual way of updating the Xerox printer driver. Follow the steps elaborated below to do it.
- Use the Windows + I shortcut command to launch Settings.
- Once the Settings window is displayed on the screen, choose Update & Security.
- After the Update & Security settings are displayed, select Windows Update.
- When the Windows Update window comes up, click on Check for updates.
- Download the update found by Windows for your OS. However, you must have patience as it takes several hours to get downloaded.
Way 2: Update Xerox Printer Driver Automatically (Recommended)
For users who want to invest their time and energy in more productive works and not just downloading and updating drivers, we recommend an automatic way of driver update through Bit Driver Updater. This program scans every nook and cranny of your computer for outdated, corrupt, and missing drivers. And installs the latest WHQL certified driver versions automatically in a single click. Moreover, it also makes the PC fast, smooth, and free from all sorts of errors. Furthermore, using this software is very simple. Here are the quick steps that you need to take.
- Use the link shared here to download and install Bit Driver Updater.
- After installation, let it run an automatic PC scan. You can also scan the computer manually by selecting the “Scan” option if you wish to do so.
- Wait for the scan results (they take only a few seconds to come up).
- After the scan results appear, select the “Update Now” option visible next to the Xerox printer driver. You can also update all the drivers together in a single click by selecting the “Update All” option. If you choose to update all drivers simultaneously, then you also get many useful options such as creating and restoring driver backups, increasing the download speed of drivers, etc.
Above we learned how to download the Xerox printer driver and update it automatically using Bit Driver Updater. Here is the link from where you can download and install Bit Driver Updater.
Download Xerox printer driver: Concluding thoughts
Xerox printers are among the best printing machines of all time. But, it fails to work correctly in the absence of correct and updated drivers. Therefore, in this article, we elaborated on the quick and easy ways to download the Xerox printer driver, install, and update it. We hope that our post helped you make the most of your printer. Stay tuned with us for more such detailed tech guides, solutions, and updates.