Resolve Zoom share screen not working issue with multiple helpful fixes. This guide provides several solutions that can help you to get rid of the Zoom screen sharing problems. Read on to know more.
The Coronavirus pandemic has affected all of us. It has changed everything. It is apps like Zoom that helped us stay connected with our friends & family and keep our work going in such difficult times. It has made remote working more convenient for both businesses and individuals working for them. With Zoom, one can stay connected to his/her team via video calls and conferences. Along with face to face interactions, the app also offers a screen-sharing feature to help the individuals collaborate on a particular project. However, sometimes while doing so, users face the Zoom share screen not working issue.
Now, several tech business giants and experts see remote working as the future of corporates. Hence such problems can affect the overall productivity and growth of a particular project. So, it becomes essential to fix issues like Zoom screen sharing not working as soon as possible. Considering this, here we have come up with this post. This guide provides you with multiple solutions to resolve the ‘Zoom share screen not working’ issue.
How To Fix Zoom Share Screen Not Working Problem
Below are the solutions that you can try to fix the ‘Zoom share screen not working’ problem and ensure seamless productivity.
Method 1: Make Sure If The Host Has Enabled Participant Screen Sharing
Yes, we know it may sound silly to most of you. But sometimes, the host forgets to enable participant screen sharing, which makes the participants unable to share their screen. To check if this is the problem in your case, click on the Share Screen button.
After doing so, if you see the ‘Host disabled participant screen sharing’ error message, then you have to ask the host to enable the share screen feature for all the participants. You can use the Chat feature to drop a text notifying the same to the host.
If you are the host and don’t know how to enable the share screen feature for all the participants, then below are the steps that you can follow.
If You Are Using Zoom On A Windows or macOS:
- Click on the arrow-like button available next to the Share Screen feature.
- Now, choose the ‘Advanced Sharing Options…’ option.
- Look for the ‘Who can Share?’ heading and select All Participants.
If You Are Using Zoom On An Android or iOS Smartphone:
- Tap on the More button available at the bottom-right corner of the application screen.
- Now, enable the Share Screen option under the ‘Allow Participants to’ heading.
Method 2: Restart Zoom App & Re Enter The Zoom Room
You can also face the Zoom screen share not working problem due to the temporary app cache. And in that case, the best solution is to restart the Zoom app and re-enter the Zoom room. It is pretty easy to do so on an Android or iOS smartphone. But, if you are using the video conferencing app on your Windows or macOS PC, then you have to follow the below steps.
If You Are Using Zoom On Windows:
If you are using Zoom on Windows PC, then here is how you can fix the Zoom share screen not working problem that you are facing due to temporary cache.
- First of all, end the meeting or conference call by selecting the End button.
- Go to the systray available on the taskbar.
- Now, right-click on the Zoom icon and click on the Exit option.
- After that, restart the app and re-enter the room again to resume the meeting. Once you have restarted the meeting, try sharing your screen to see if the fix worked or not.
If You Are Using Zoom On Mac
For Mac users, here are the instructions to fix the Zoom screen sharing not working issue that you are facing due to the temporary cache.
- End the meeting or conference call by selecting the End button.
- Now, go to the Menu bar.
- Select the Zoom icon.
- In the drop-down menu, click on the Quit Zoom option.
- Now, restart Zoom and enter the meeting again. After that, try sharing your screen to see if the problem has got resolved or not.
Method 3: Make Changes To The Zoom Settings
Misconfigured app settings can also be one of the prominent reasons for the Zoom screen share not working problem. Hence, to fix the issue, you have to make changes to the Zoom settings. Below we have provided the exact steps that you have to follow.
- First of all, run Zoom on your PC or Mac.
- Then, select the gear icon on the home screen to access application settings.
- In settings, click on the Share Screen option in the menu available on the left side of the app screen.
- Now, in the Share Screen settings, checkmark the “Enable the remote control of all applications option“.
- Some of you may not be able to do this. In that case, you have to run Zoom as the administrator on your computer.
- After selecting Enable the remote control of all applications option, scroll down to the Advanced tab in Share Screen settings and click on it.
- Now, checkmark Limit your screen share to frames-per-second option.
- Select the frames-per-second value below 10.
- Then, close the app.
- Relaunch Zoom and try to share the screen in a video conference to check if the solution worked or not.
Method 4: Turn Off Video Before Starting The Screen Share Feature
Video calling is a task that consumes a hefty amount of your internet bandwidth. Hence, it can also be a reason due to which you are facing the ‘Zoom share screen not working’ problem. And if that’s the case, then you can try stopping the video before selecting the Share Screen option. You only have to click on the Stop Video button. After that, try sharing the screen. If this fixes your problem, then we suggest you to enhance the speed of your internet connection. You can try using a VPN such as ITL Secure VPN or may contact your internet provider for the same.
Method 5: Reinstall Zoom
Zoom screen sharing not working problem can also occur due to the improper installation of the app. Along with this, corrupted files of the program can also cause several such technical issues. Hence, to fix such problems, the best thing to do is to reinstall the app. Below are the steps that you can follow to reinstall Zoom properly on your PC & Mac.
For Windows Users:
Here we have mentioned the steps to reinstall Zoom for Windows users.
- First of all, close Zoom.
- Then, go to the systray available on the taskbar.
- Right-click on the Zoom icon and click on the Exit option.
- After that, open Control Panel. You can use the Windows Search feature if you do not know the shortcuts to do so.
- Then, click on Category to expand the View by menu and then select Large icons.
- Now, scroll down and select the Programs and Features option.
- After that, scroll to the Zoom app and right-click on it.
- Select the Uninstall option.
- Then, complete the uninstallation by following on-screen directions.
- Once you have completed the Zoom uninstallation, download the software again from an authentic source.
- After downloading Zoom setup, run it on your PC and follow the instructions to install it properly.
- Now, launch the app and check if the reinstallation has fixed the problem or not.
For Mac Users:
Here we have mentioned the steps to reinstall Zoom for Mac users.
- Launch Zoom on your Mac.
- Then go to the menu bar and click on the zoom.us option.
- After that, select the Uninstall Zoom option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, confirm to uninstall Zoom by clicking on OK.
- After the uninstallation gets completed, download the app again from an authentic source.
- Then, run the downloaded setup on your Mac and follow the instructions to install it properly.
- Now, launch the app and check if this solution has fixed the problem or not.
Method 6: Turn Off The Automatic Switching Between GPUs
Automatic switching between GPUs feature can be a boon for the battery life of your laptop or MacBook. But it causes a lot of problems while you share the screen on Zoom. Hence, we suggest you to turn off the automatic switching between GPUs. Here is how you can do it.
Steps For Windows Users:
If you are a Windows PC user and use an additional GPU (for example, NVIDIA), then you can follow the below instructions to disable automatic switching between GPUs.
- Right-click on your desktop. Make sure that you do it in a free space.
- Then, select NVIDIA Control Panel from the context menu.
- After that, click on the Manage 3D settings option from the left pane of Window.
- Now, choose the Program Settings tab.
- Select the Add button.
- Then choose the Browse button available at the bottom of the Window.
- Now, browse to the below location.
- If you have saved the Zoom installation directory to some other location, then you have to browse to that location.
- After that, double click on CptHost.exe.
- Choose Integrated graphics as the preferred graphics processor for this program.
- Now, implicate the changes by clicking on the Apply button.
After performing the above steps to disable automatic switching between GPUs, reboot your PC. Then, launch Zoom and check if the fix has worked to resolve the Zoom share screen not working issue or not.
Steps For Mac Users:
Here are the steps for Mac users to disable automatic switching between GPUs.
- Go to the Apple Menu.
- Select the System Preferences option.
- Now, click on the Energy Saver button.
- At last, unmark the Automatic graphics switching option to disable automatic switching between GPUs.
Check if the fix has helped you to get rid of the Zoom screen share not working problem.
Method 7: Configure App Permissions
If you have not provided the necessary permissions to Zoom, then you may face several problems using it. It is one of the major reasons why you are failing to share your screen on Zoom. Hence, you must configure the app permissions. Here is how you can make the required changes to the permissions allowed or required by the Zoom app on your Windows PC or Mac.
Steps For Windows Users:
Here is how you can configure permissions for Zoom on your Windows PC.
- Use the search utility of your Windows 10 PC to search for Privacy Settings.
- Open Privacy Settings from the results.
- Then after that, choose a permission under App permissions.
- Now make sure Zoom meetings lie under the Allow Desktop Apps category.
After following the above steps for all the permissions required by the Zoom, launch the app. Check if the solution has fixed the Zoom screen sharing not working problem or not.
Steps For Mac Users:
Below are the steps to configure permissions for Zoom on your Mac.
- Go to the Apple logo icon available on the top and click on it to access the Apple Menu.
- In the Apple menu, click on the System Preferences option.
- After that, click on the Security & Privacy button.
- Now, scroll down to the Screen Recording option and click on it.
- Then, you have to click on the lock icon to make changes.
- Enter your admin password if the system asks you to do so.
- At last, checkmark the Zoom app.
Method 8: Update Graphics Driver
A lot of you might be getting a black screen whenever you try to share the screen or make a video call via Zoom. The most common cause of this problem is the outdated & corrupted graphics or GPU card driver of your PC. Hence, to get rid of the Zoom screen share not working issue due to the black screen, you have to fix the graphics driver.
However, it does not seem to be an easy task to repair drivers for an average PC user. It requires core technical knowledge and a lot of effort to upgrade drivers manually. Considering these things, here we have brought an all-inclusive solution for you. You can effortlessly repair the graphics driver of your system with the help of a robust & advanced driver upgrading tool like Bit Driver Updater. It is a utility that provides its users with authentic driver updates that too with minimal effort. There are a lot other features of Bit Driver Updater that makes it one of the best driver upgrading program currently available. Here we have mentioned them below.
- The software boasts a one-click driver update functionality, which saves your time and effort to find, download, & install a suitable driver update.
- You get a robust driver backup feature to create restore points for your current drivers. It helps you to undo the unwanted driver changes quite easily.
- Along with this, the software also has a built-in driver backup restoration tool.
- You can even plan and automate your driver scans with the utility. It offers an advanced driver scan scheduler.
- It also allows you to add some of your drivers to the ignore pane.
- The premium version of the software comes with a 60 Day Money-Back Guarantee.
All these features, along with several other benefits, are available in the pro version of Bit Driver Updater. Below we have also provided a quick guide for the software.
- Download Bit Driver Updater pro version by clicking the below button.
- After that, install it by running the software installer on your computer. It is a pretty simple task, and anyone can perform it.
- Then, run the installed Bit Driver Updater program.
- Click Scan Drivers and wait for a while.
- Once the scan is complete, evaluate the list of detected problematic drivers.
- Click on the Update Now button to fix the outdated & corrupted drivers. You can also repair all of them by selecting the Update All option available at the bottom right corner of the software screen.
Final Words On Solutions To Fix Zoom Share Screen Not Working Issue
So that was all about fixing the Zoom share screen not working issue. It is one of the most common problems for a Zoom user. But despite this, it is pretty infuriating. However, do not worry. You can get rid of it quite easily by using the above solutions. If we have missed to address anything important for the topic, then let us know. You can use the comments section provided below for the same.
And if the post was a fun read and informational for you and you want more such information, then subscribe to the Innovana blog.